Pages

Introduction

God has blessed us with more than we could ever need. He has not blessed us so we can have the latest iPad, game console or a new car. We have been blessed to be a blessing.

Keep up with our adoption journey and get a peek into the Hollingsworth household.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Jump to Three Kids



I don’t blog often. It’s just not my thing. But today I’ve decided to take some time out of my laundry day to let you all know how life with three children is going. I kept hearing and reading that going from 2 kids to 3 was really difficult. When I read a particular blog post on the subject, I thought, “Oh well, I’ll just have to quit my business and do the best I can.” 

They were so wrong!

Going from 2 to 3 kids has been so easy. I wouldn’t say it should be easy for everyone. The main reason I think it is easy for us is because we adopted an 8 month old. She has already been trained to go to sleep on her own. She practically sleeps all night now. She is very happy and content… until she gets sleepy and I keep rocking her, refusing to lay her in her bed!

The jump from 1 to 2 kids was huge. Even the jump from 1 to 1.5 kids was huge. It was a lot harder to go to the grocery store with a 2 year old and a huge belly than it is now. Pregnancy wore me out. Newborns wear me out. Bringing Eden into our family has truly been, no big deal.

Na, in all actuality it IS a big deal. The big deal is that God has showered us with so much grace. He is all in this and we can feel his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment