Pages

Introduction

God has blessed us with more than we could ever need. He has not blessed us so we can have the latest iPad, game console or a new car. We have been blessed to be a blessing.

Keep up with our adoption journey and get a peek into the Hollingsworth household.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Black Friday err... Thursday

I've never really been "Black Friday" shopping. I've been a few times later in the afternoon. I have never been a part of the Mob. This year, I received an invitation from my sister-in-law to go Black Friday shopping with her. I accepted on the terms that I did not have to get up early and that we would not shop at Wal-Mart.

Now it seems that Black Friday has turned into Black Thursday. Pardon my language, but that really ticks me off. I can't believe that people are so money-hungry that they are stripping their employees of a full day and night of Thanksgiving with family and friends.

But what can I do about it? Well, I can NOT shop on Thursday. If no one shopped on Thursday, then next year they will have no choice but to close their stores. So please, join me in this. Think about all the workers that instead of eating turkey and dressing and watching football on Thursday will be sleeping in order to prepare for their night shifts at places like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Old Navy.

1 comment: