Pages

Introduction

God has blessed us with more than we could ever need. He has not blessed us so we can have the latest iPad, game console or a new car. We have been blessed to be a blessing.

Keep up with our adoption journey and get a peek into the Hollingsworth household.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

After Watching "Divided"

I received a home school catalog in the mail yesterday. While thumbing through it a movie titled, "Divided" caught my attention. The description read as follows:

Is Age-Segregated Ministry Multiplying or Dividing the Church? "Divided" follows filmmaker Philip Leclerc on a revealing journey as he seeks answers to what has happened to today's Christian youth. Philip speaks to kids in local youth groups, interviews national youth ministry leaders, and finally meets with a growing number of pastors and elders who are abandoning the age-segregated Sunday school and youth ministry model and embracing instead the perfect ministry model God's Word prescribes.

If you go here http://dividedthemovie.com/ you can enter you email address and watch it for free. Please do.

I sent the link to my friend Leslie and she pointed me to a review from http://www.challies.com/dvd-reviews/divided-the-movie. I read the review prior to watching the film. My excitement dwindled a bit, but as soon as I had the time today, I made myself comfortable at my computer, complete with earphones as to not disturb my husband's football time. I must say, the film was great.

The review from challies.com made the film sound over-the-top. The review itself was over-the-top. I think the filmmaker is right on track. I'm not saying that all churches should get rid of all age-segregated activities. To me, there is nothing wrong with a child attending "Sunday School" once in a while with kids his own age. However, I do think that this day and age, parents neglect their responsibility in
discipling their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment